Saturday, May 30, 2009

Memphis party kids represent?

One morning a few weeks ago I came out to walk Arrow and I couln't help but notice that there was a line of hip looking 20-somethings lined up down the sidewalk of Union and up 4th. I later came to find out that these young ambitious souls were there to audition for "So You Think You Can Dance?" I also later came to find out that a guy from our local party scene made it onto the tv cut. Now I can't claim to be buddies or even friends with Chris, but he is a very familiar face to all of us who frequent dj-driven events and shows here in the M-Town area. Even after we all started wearing pants that fit and began drinking beer instead of eating misc. pills, this guy is still keeping it real. He can be seen doing this same exact dance in these same exact jeans any given saturday at the Full Moon Club so i know good and damn well this ain't no put on. I give Chris props on having the guts to get up there and do his thing, but his attitude afterwards is overly defensive and somewhat embarrassing. Regardless, it makes for compelling TV, no?

1 comment:

RosieLayne said...

I thought some of the same things when I saw this audition! How uncomfortable, how weird, how defensive this kid was... and then, I wonder if Justin knows him?!? His style of dancing seemed vaguely familiar and I am happy he got to dance in front of the judges, but sorry that his attitude was so off. Thanks for sharing!