Saturday, May 16, 2009

In Memory of My Buddy, Danger

It saddens me greatly to tell you that last week one of my best friend's best friends, his dog Danger, was hit by a car and died. His mom, Daisy, was also involved but managed to make it, though roughed up a bit.
Danger was my old friend Chris Walker and his lady, Allison's, big, goofy, sweet young dog. He was my good buddy, too, and was almost destined to have been my dog. A few years ago when i moved into my current digs downtown, I realized I was beginning to feel the yearning for a dog. Around the same time, Daisy managed to have liasons with the neighborhood Border Collie, Ranger, and thus Chris & Allison came to expect puppies....which never came. I went ahead and found Arrow - and we all know how that has turned out - but Daisy Dog never got preggers. Or so it seemed. One day I got a call - Daisy had surprised everyone by dropping of a single pup. Danger.
As you can see, even when he was small, he was BIG. And this trend continued! But despite being a big lug, he was a sweetheart. When I had to crash on Chris' couch once, Danger slept at one end under my feet. When I would come over, he would talk to me in his Wookie talk. At the park, he never stopped trying to be friends with Arrow (who in contrast does not like my feet, is generally quiet, and does not like to socialize) - despite being rebuffed on more than one occasion.
Great dog. Very sad. I know Chris and Allison loved Danger a lot - and he was worth loving. My thoughts go out to them. I am putting up this pic not to make anyone silly or corney, but because i thought it was a great pic. Not only of Danger in his full-sized glory, but of the dynamic between these two - true buddies.

1 comment:

RosieLayne said...

sweet memories... sorry for your and your friends' loss.