Sunday, November 2, 2008

In memory of my Uncle Bill

Got a really sad call from Mom Thursday afternoon that my Dad's brother, my Uncle Bill had passed. I only have two true uncles, and this one was as close to another My Dad as there is out there - especially since my Granddaddy died some years ago - so this was a true loss. Everybody has "that Uncle", the odd man out who nobody really gets....I have that Uncle, but he managed (barely) to survive last week and will get his own blog entry some other day (that'll be a grand one). But let me just take a second to say that my Uncle Bill was pretty much my definition of cool: always laid back, super productive and sharp, and the all-around nice guy. I can still hear his bellowing "Waddaya say, Just-UN?" He was always fun to be around. In fact, I would say he was the uncle everyone got - you couldn't help but feel at ease around him. He leaves an awesome family behind - a quite diverse palette of cousins that I always liked and my Aunt Missy who has also been very cool to me my whole life. I will miss my Uncle Bill and I sure do wish I had found more time to spend with him, as I am sure everyone in my family does.

No comments: